Wednesday, April 15, 2009

St. Louis Zoo

I think the last time we went on a road trip was a year ago when we went to Cleveland before Lorelei was born. It sure was nice to have a little get-away. We did a lot in a few days - but I have lots of pictures, so I will do separate posts for different St. Louis activities.

First up, is the St. Louis Zoo. I really liked it. It seems you were closer to the animals than at Brookfield here. See:


And its a big zoo too. We quite enjoyed it.

We got there in time to grab the last free carousel ride of the morning.



Lorelei with a fake penguin

Real penguins




Brooke on a big gorilla

Having fun on a giant beetle


Does anyone else find this display interesting & a bit disturbing?!


Little Lorelei doesn't "get it" yet, but she still enjoyed the zoo!


Kevin also enjoyed himself!


My favorite picture of the day!

3 comments:

Krystle said...

That looks like a fun zoo...except that disturbing display!

Annette said...

Awww, that last pic is precious and I love Lorelei with the penguin! Yes that one display was disturbing. Weird! Great pics! :)

ALISON BZ said...

how fun is that zoo!! I love the last picture, but that other one is quite disturbing. Is that animal alive? I hope so. :) LOL