Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Busy Baby

On Saturday, Brooke was busy as ever - she has learned how to climb the stairs.



So, we'd let her climb the stairs while we stood behind her. She is pretty good at it, but has no concept of how to do down and we wouldn't just let her do it without watching her. Or so we thought.

Kevin was in the living room and I walked into the living room from the kitchen and I looked around and asked "where's Brooke?". I back tracked to make sure I just didn't miss her...but she was no where to be found. Kevin & I both looked at each other and ran up the stairs. There was little Brooke just sitting in the upstairs bathroom - just smiling away. In complete silence, this little girl pig-tailed it up 10 stairs. Since she was fine - it was pretty adorable. But I did have the whole "what if she fell" thought in the back of my head.

Needless to say - there is a gate up on the stairs now!


Also on Saturday, I was sitting in the living room and Brooke was in the kitchen. Although I couldn't see her, I could see that she was in one of the drawers, which was fine as she always plays in there. After a bit, I realize that she is too quiet and had been sitting still way to long. So, I get up and look over and this is what I find:




Somehow (maybe the new teeth) she got a hole in a tube of blue colored sugar and it had spilled in the drawer and on the floor. And boy did she like to eat it!!!

No comments: