Thursday, September 27, 2007

Prelude to a walk...

Well, Brooke new favorite thing is walking with her toy. I am not sure that I want her to be independently walking yet, but she seems closer everyday. She also now will stand for a few seconds without holding on to anything. But it is fun to watch her with this toy.







Ok, if anyone noticed...in the "Watch Brooke Grow" section. It would appear she is shrinking. Well, I didn't want to lie so I put in the measurements as they were given to me at the doctor's office. However, I will explain.

Since we moved, we got Brooke a new pediatrician. And this one and the old one measure height completely different. This new one stretches her along side a ruler basically. And the old one, would put a dot at the top of her head, then stretch her out and put one at her heal and then measure dot to dot with a tape measure. I can't say which I think is a better method because they both have their flaws. However, the bottom line is that she really hasn't grown much, if any in length over the past couple of months. But the doctor says as long as she is growing in weight...then there are no worries. She said kids will go through a growth spurt for their height at different times. The stats: Weight is about the 5th percentile, Height about the 10th percentile and the head circumference was 17", about the 30th percentile. So, she is just proportionate!

In other news: Last Saturday night Brooke woke about about 20 minutes after I put her to bed (which is unusual). Luckily I decided to investigate instead of seeing if she'd go back to sleep. When I got her out of her room and into the light - her whole face was slightly swollen and her eyelids were majorly swollen and red. It was an allergic reaction so we ran out and got her some Benedryl. She seemed ok otherwise, as through it all she was smiling!

We are not certain what the allergy was to yet. The only thing I can come up with that she had new exposure to that day was cheese. So, we are going to try the cheese again this weekend to test it out. If its not that - then we are clueless. I guess just a freak thing. But it was a bit of a scary experience nonetheless.

No comments: