Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Cross Your Fingers...

So, oh my gosh...its been a whirlwind of a day. So, as I said in my last post we found 2 houses that had potential and one we were really interested in. So, after lots of discussion and thought we put on offer on our favorite house. As most of you have probably experienced, it was a day of back and forth w/ the realtor and the paperwork and then w/ the offer and counter-offer. But in the end...We reached an agreement! So, our offer was accepted. I am SO excited!
However, its a long step by step process. Now we have 5 business days to get the house inspected and have our lawyer go over the contract. And the loan approval (which shouldn't be a problem). So, if each step goes smoothly and the inspector doesn't find anything awful - we may soon officially be home owners!!!!!!!
We were looking to close at the end of July since our lease is not up until August and we didn't want to overlap more than 1 month. But we agreed to a closing date of June 29th because the Sellers offered us a month's rent to close earlier.
I may be wrong, but I feel like we got a good deal. The house is very much what we were looking for and it is in move-in condition. Its all a little overwhelming right now...but a good overwhelming.
I will be keeping you posted on our steps/process along the way. Please see below for some pictures of our (hopefully) soon to be new home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS TRICIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!!! I was just getting ready to go to bed and I had this thought to check the blog -- I'm so glad I did!! That is GREAT news -- SO EXCITING!!!!! Your first house!!!!! The only bad thing is -- no more riding the el together when I take the green line. I guess I can get over that, though, if I REALLY try! LOL!!

See you tomorrow! Congrats again!!

~Your #1 Blog Fan,
ellen

jenne said...

8 miles is sooo close! I am super excited! Is this Bolingbrook still? I hope everything goes smoothly!

Anonymous said...

Wow Tricia, this all seems so exciting. I am very happy for you, Kevin, Brooke, and Maggie. You are being blessed from every direction!

I wished you a Happy Birthday from Cabo! You've accomplished so much and you're not even thirty yet (what a year)!

Alway happy to share in your happyness.

Melinda